Welcome to our Registration Information Page
HYA Riptide Lacrosse (HL) Program
HL is a 100% volunteer Program and not sponsored or funded by the school district or the Town recreation department.
Hampton Lacrosse provides a travel program for players enrolled in SAU 90 and SAU 21 School District from 2nd grade - 8th grade or any surrounding Town without a Lacrosse Program.
Players must pay in full via our online registration site before "taking the field" in March. If this deadline is a financial challenge for a particular family, than they may contact Terry Kimball for special payment terms on an exception basis and only after receiving approval from a 5 member Executive Board.
Normal Registration Period
|Early October to Mid-November
|Late Registration Period
||Mid January - Mid February
|Waitlist - At Risk to Play
Note: A Non-refundable Late Charges WILL apply after the normal registration period in the Fall.
"Wait Listed" players did not meet the announced timelines, and will only be placed on Teams where there is room. If a Team can accommodate Wait Listed players, than this is based on a First Come, First Serve" basis and is not reliant on a player's past performance and potential.
Registration costs are outlined below:
|3rd - 4th Grade
||$100 (plus Uniform for 4th Gr)
|5th - 8th Grade
||$150 plus Uniform
|Max Family Rate (2 or more players)
Note: Uniforms must be purchased separately and are reusable as long as they fit and comply to USL standards.
Note: Late Charges WILL apply after the normal registration period in the Fall. HL incurs significant processing costs after this date for players who sign-up late.
Note: The Costs noted above DO NOT include an optional US Lacrosse Membership (~$30). This membership inlcudes player insurance and provides developmental information, Lacrosse Magazine subscription, and other benefits to members and our Program. Click here to pursue US Lacrosse Membership.
Note: Our Program has a specific Refund Policy (see Register/Refund Policy).
Practice Schedule and Games
- Practice Schedules will be posted sometime in late March after fields are fully secured with the Towns and Schools. We try and do this as early as possible, however we are reliant on securing the space (weather-reliant) before announcing a schedule.
- Practices are 2x per week.
- Indoor practices will start in March.
- Games for SAYLL are usually scheduled on Saturday, and games for NHYLA are usually scheduled on Sunday (see League descriptions below).
- The Outdoor Season starts early April and goes into Mid June.
There are 2 different leagues in which we participate:
- 5th grade and above will play in the New Hampshire Youth Lacrosse Association (NHYLA) League
- 4th grade and Below will play in either NHYLA or the Seacoast Area Youth Lacrosse League (SAYLL)
League placement is dependent on the number of registered players per grade and is approved each year by the HL Executive Board.
NHYLA uses a "Grade Based" format for Teams:
|Grades 7 & 8
|Grades 5 & 6
|Grades 3 & 4
- 4 Pre-Season Indoor practices will commence in March and typically on Sundays
- NHYLA's first games (outdoors) are scheduled in April
- There will be at least 7 7ames (usually 8 games), mostly played on Sundays - some coaches choose to add more games
- Practices will be scheduled 2x per week
- NHYLA is a statewide New Hampshire league, however they do their best to keep the travel as low as possible by scheduling teams to compete with other oppossing NH Towns as close to each other as possible. Some games will be further away than others.
- A tournament-style festival will be played on the last weekend of the season, mid-June
Seacoast Area Youth Lacrosse League (SAYLL) Info
- SAYLL consists of teams located in the Seacoast area and are close by
- Indoor pre-season activities typically start in March and sometimes will use local school gyms
- Practices are 2x each week with games on Saturdays
- The Outdoor season will start in April with a jamboree, followed by 8 games, and in June, a season-ending jamboree
NHYLA requires that our Program submit a request for teams at the end of February. There are different levels of league play in each U-level grouping. A competition committee at NHYLA determines the final level for Hampton Lacrosse for all the Teams submitted.
Final Rosters need to be submitted to NHYLA toward the end of March. The HL Board and coaches work collaboratively to finalize rosters at the end of March. Rosters are decided after assessing the number of players registered, the size of teams in each grade grouping, and the expected level of play that NHYLA assigns to our Program.
Game Time Commitments to Players
HL will NOT turn any player away who completes the registration on-time.
We stress game time for ALL players, and players are expected to attend practices. If practices are missed, game time is left to the discretion of the coaches.
Players are expected to communicate well with their coaches regarding their attendance for both practices and games. Proactive communication has proven to alleviate nearly all concerns about game time.
For more information, please contact:
Stacy Kinnaly at Hampton